Welcome to the APEC Website
Alabama Perinatal Excellence Collaborative (APEC) aim is to improve pregnancy outcomes by providing Obstetric providers with evidence-based practice guidelines and decision trees to assist them in the care of pregnant women. APEC guidelines website provides an avenue for easy access to the guidelines and direct contact with APEC leaders. Guidelines can be viewed on the APEC guidelines website via your personal computer, tablet, or smart phone. The app is designed to be compatible with iOS and Android devices.
The Alabama Perinatal Excellence Collaborative (APEC) was developed as a joint effort between the Alabama Medicaid Maternity Care Program, Alabama Department of Public Health, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, the University of South Alabama, and community care providers to lower infant mortality and improve maternal and infant health in Alabama through a comprehensive approach to development and implement evidence-based obstetric care guidelines. These guidelines are viewable online. See our APEC Guidelines brochure for additional information apec-brochure
Get the APEC Guidelines App
The March of Dimes funded APEC guidelines smart device app provides obstetric providers with easy access to the APEC guidelines at the point of care. Each posted guideline screen includes a full-text narrative and summary available for iOS, and Android platforms. Download the APEC guidelines app to your personal device by clicking on one of the icons below.
APEC CMEs now available through the ADPH Learning Network.
My Family PLAN app
APEC Vision Statement
To be an exemplary resource for obstetric and other healthcare providers throughout the state of Alabama for assistance in improving perinatal outcomes and ultimately the health and welfare of women and infants throughout Alabama.
APEC Mission Statement
To lower infant mortality and improve maternal and infant health in Alabama through
- Implementation and utilization of evidence-based obstetric care guidelines
- Assessment of meaningful quality benchmarks
- Enhanced communication and collaboration with providers, both primary and sub-specialty, and patients
Ultimate Goal: Improve Pregnancy Outcomes
- Help guide OB providers via evidence-based practice guidelines and decision trees
- Identify meaningful quality benchmarks
- Develop data collection measures
- Review quality data and provide feedback to individual providers and institutions
- Develop mechanisms to help providers in achieving benchmarks